TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR USE OF NORMOBARIC CHAMBERS
AT CHOCHOŁOWSKIE THERMAL BATHS COMPLEX
ADDRESS: CHOCHOŁÓW 400, 34-513 CHOCHOŁÓW
- These Terms and Conditions for the use of normobaric chambers, hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”, shall define the conditions and rules for the use of normobaric chambers located at the Chochołowskie Thermal Baths complex at: Chochołów 400, 34-513 Chochołów and participation in normobaric sessions. The services are provided by Chochołowskie Termy Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Chochołów, Chochołów 400, 34-513 Chochołów (hereinafter referred to as “Thermal Baths” or “Company”).
- These Terms shall constitute the basis for the use of normobaric chambers and comprise the main document which defines the rights and obligations of Participants in normobaric sessions.
- Each Participant shall be absolutely obligated to become familiar with the content of the Terms, in particular with the provisions regarding contraindications, before using the chamber.
- The Terms will be open for viewing on the official Thermal Baths website at: https://www.chocholowskietermy.pl, tab: https://www.chocholowskietermy.pl/regulamin-normobaria/, placed in a visible location at the normobaric chamber reception, and also for interested persons additionally distributed for individual review by the normobaric chambers’ staff before the normobaric session.
RULES FOR USE OF NORMOBARIC CHAMBERS
Indications and contraindications for use of normobaric chambers
- Indications for normobaric therapy:
- Diseases related to tissue hypoxia
- Treatment of bacterial conditions, e.g., Lyme disease
- Skin diseases such as psoriasis, erythema, rheumatoid arthritis, urticaria, acne
- Digestive conditions, malabsorption
- Edema, mycosis
- Inhibition of aging
- Complications after radiotherapy of soft tissues and bones
- Disorders of sexual potency, support in infertility treatment
- Supporting treatment of overweight and obesity
- Chronic fatigue due to increased physical and mental performance
- Memory and concentration problems
- Cardiovascular diseases (atherosclerosis and hypertension)
- Nervous system diseases like ADHD, autism, Asperger’s syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease
- Autoimmune diseases
- Inflammation, post-traumatic conditions, difficult-to-heal wounds
- Slowing down skin aging processes such as sagging, discoloration
- Supporting treatment of aging of internal organs
- Diabetic foot
- Treatment of post-stroke lesions
- Cerebral palsy
- Allergies, alcohol-related liver disease
- And many more.
- Contraindications to use the normobaric chamber:
- Viral infection
- Optic neuritis
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Diabetic hypoglycemia
- Pneumothorax and thoracic surgery
- Otitis externa or acute ear conditions
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Diffuse neoplastic disease (use of the chamber after chemotherapy is possible after a minimum of 4 weeks)
- Lung diseases with carbon dioxide retention
- Diving related eardrum damage
- Eustachian tube obstruction
- Permanent hearing aid
- Therapy with certain medications that contain substances such as: doxorubicin (adriamycin), disulfiram, cisplatin, mafenide acetate (sulfamylone)
- Claustrophobia (entering at your own risk)
- Other individual contraindications.
- Familiarization with the above-mentioned contraindications to use of the normobaric chamber is absolutely obligatory before using it.
- Before entering the chamber, you must also complete and sign the appropriate form(s) and submit the required declaration(s) (in writing) – for this purpose, a person planning to use the chamber should arrive at the location at least 15 minutes before the scheduled session start time (moreover, it is necessary to take into account the time necessary for possible change of clothes, change of shoes, etc.).
- If there are any contraindications for use of the normobaric chamber (both those listed directly in section 2 above, as well as individual contraindications not listed), the use of the chamber shall be strictly prohibited and contrary to these Terms.
- By entering the chamber, users who are aware of the indications and contraindications confirm that there are no contraindications listed in sec. 2 above these Terms, as well as other individual contraindications. If entrance to the chamber occurs despite the existing contraindications, the chamber user shall be solely responsible for any complications arising from the reasons related to these contraindications.
Age (and other) restrictions for use of the normobaric chamber
- Chambers may be used by:
- persons under 18 years of age and people under plenary guardianship only with written consent of a parent/legal guardian, including:
- persons aged 6 to 13 inclusive and people under plenary guardianship only in the company of adults.
- Children under 6 years of age cannot use the chamber.
- The chamber cannot be used by people under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Reduced prices per normobaric session are available for:
- children aged 6-12;
- people with disabilities with an appropriate certificate of level 1 disability group and their guardians;
- seniors 60 years of age or older.
- People who would like to use the chambers can purchase one-off tickets, or 10-session passes with a 3-month validity period from the date of purchase.
Preparation for use of the chamber
- Preparation for use of the chamber:
- no consumption of alcohol and other stimulants, including drugs, at least 12 hours before entering;
- no smoking for at least 30 minutes before entering;
- no carbonated drinks at least 30 minutes before entering;
- before entering, people with diabetes should eat a meal and take antidiabetic drugs according to their current treatment regimen;
- people taking medications should follow their individual treatment regimen during both single and cyclical use of the chamber.
- Before entering the chamber, you must complete and sign the appropriate form(s) and submit the required declaration(s) (in writing) – for this purpose, a person planning to use the chamber should arrive at the location at least 15 minutes before the scheduled session start time (moreover, it is necessary to take into account the time necessary for possible change of clothes, change of shoes, etc.).
- Entrance to the chamber is possible after leaving your outer garments in the cloakroom.
- People entering the chambers directly from the pool area are required to change into dry clothes in the changing room available at the chambers. It is possible to borrow bathrobes at the reception desk by the chambers.
- For hygiene reasons, replacement shoes are required in the normobaric chamber. Shoes should be left in dedicated lockers.
- The user is responsible for safe closure of lockers referred to in para. 5 above. Thermal Baths Staff and Management shall not be responsible for items, money or valuables left in open or improperly closed lockers.
- It is forbidden to bring into the chamber:
- alcoholic and carbonated drinks;
- spray cosmetics;
- chargers for mobile phones and other mobile devices;
- sharp tools;
- lighters, matches and any device that may cause a fire;
- cigarettes, including electronic cigarettes – so-called e-cigarettes.
Use of the chamber
- Each chamber has a limited number of places: 15 in the comfort zone and 4 in the VIP zone.
- Due to the dimensions of the passage, entrance to the lock takes place in groups of no more than 10 people, not including the Staff.
- Entrance to the chamber is through the lock, in which the pressure between the outside and inside the chamber is normalized. Entry time is approximately 3 – 4 minutes. You may experience blocked ears – in such case, please use one of the following methods:
- drink water;
- Valsalva maneuver: breathe out through the nose, while holding your mouth and sides of the nose closed;
- hold the sides of your nose closed and swallow
- Lowrey maneuver: hold the sides of your nose closed, and blow out air and swallow at the same time;
- Frenzel maneuver: while blowing out air, press the back of your tongue against the palate, as if you wanted to pronounce the letter “K”
- A Staff member will decide about raising and lowering airlock pressure. The pressure change is very slow to reduce unpleasant sensations in the ears.
- If you feel unwell or experience any discomfort while in the lock, immediately notify the staff member in the lock. If the participant feels unwell and decides that he/she would like to stop using the chamber at that moment (i.e., while still in the airlock), it should be immediately communicated to the airlock operator. In such a situation, the participant who has resigned from using the chamber while still in the lock shall be entitled to reimbursement of the admission tickets. If the resignation takes place after entering the main chamber, the cost of admission tickets will not be reimbursed.
- Sessions are held daily at specific hours. The duration of sessions is 2 hours from entry to exit from the main chamber. The person operating the group in the chamber decides about the time of exit.
- Normobaria is a zone of peace and relaxation. During the normobaric session, the behavior of participants must not disturb the relaxation of other people or be burdensome for them. Persons who do not comply with the rules set out in these Terms may be reminded by the Staff and/or asked to leave the normobaric chamber without reimbursement of the admission ticket.
- After taking seats, walking in the chamber should be limited, except for the need to use the toilet or water dispenser.
- It is forbidden to flush any items other than the toilet paper available in the chamber.
- It is forbidden to pour Redox water into private containers and take it outside the chamber.
- The main compartment is divided into two zones: comfort and VIP zone. People with a ticket to the comfort zone are strictly prohibited from entering the VIP zone.
- During the normobaric session, it is allowed to use a phone or tablet, but please remember that it must not disturb the peace of other chamber users – it is necessary to use headphones.
- All audio-video devices available in the chambers are operated solely by the Staff.
- A snack served by the staff is available in the chamber. It is possible to drink a hot beverage, but please exercise extreme caution to avoid burning yourself.
- Contact with the reception is possible via an intercom – to do this, pick up the handset located on the cabinet in the main compartment and press “1”.
- If you feel unwell during the session, please immediately notify the service person in the chamber.
- In the event of a need to suddenly leave the chamber, please notify the Thermal Baths Staff or, as a last resort, press the red emergency button located on the wall in each room. The time required to deflate the chamber is approximately 4 minutes. Please remember that in the event of unjustified use of the emergency button, the customer will be charged with the costs of refilling the chamber in the amount of up to PLN 3,000.00 (in words: three thousand zlotys).
- In the event of resignation from using the chamber and leaving the chamber already after having entered it, the cost of admission tickets will not be reimbursed.
- The following side effects may appear during and after use of the chamber:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Ear and sinus pain
- Ear barotrauma
- Transient loss of vision
- Limitations in vision
- Aggravation of viral disease
- Fatigue from a too long session time
- There may also be other complications, not listed above, individual for device users.
The normobaric chambers at the Thermal Baths have the following security features:
- Two independent systems for controlling biological conditions
- Smoke detector systems
- Rapid electric chamber emptying systems through emergency buttons located on the walls of each room of the chamber, airlock, and vestibule
- Chamber emptying system through manually operated valves; the valves are located in the main chamber at the entrance to the lock and outside in the vestibule
- Automatic and mechanical pressure control
- System of protection against excessive gas concentration
- Protection against power failure
- Fire extinguishers
- Connection with the outside world via Wi-Fi and a landline telephone
- The normobaric chamber is made with high-quality materials with a non-flammability certificate
- Dual duct air conditioning system that controls air temperature and humidity simultaneously
- The premises are regularly disinfected with ozone
- An emergency lighting system is installed.
BOOKING A NORMOBARIC SESSION
- Due to the limited number of places in the Thermal Baths normobaric chambers, it is necessary to book a normobaric session in advance (including the session cycle), which is possible:
- by phone at: +48 572 70 80 96;
- by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- via the form on the website: https://www.chocholowskietermy.pl/formularz-rezerwacyjny-normobaria/;
- in person at the reception of Chochołowska Normobaria.
- As part of gift vouchers and/or purchased passes, it is also necessary to book a specific date for the normobaric session in advance.
- When making a reservation, the client sets the date(s) in which he/she would like to use the chamber.
- In order to book the date(s) of the normobaric session and successively confirm the reservation, as well as to verify the possibility of participating in the normobaric session, it is necessary to provide the following data:
- participant name and surname;
- participant age;
- name and surname of participant’s legal guardian (if the participant is a minor or incapacitated person);
- telephone number and/or e-mail address of the participant or the person making the reservation on behalf of the participant or legal guardian of the participant (if the participant is a minor or incapacitated person);
- name and surname of the group organizer/guardian (in the case of group reservation);
- telephone number and/or e-mail address of the group organizer/leader (in the case of group reservation).
- It is possible to make reservations on behalf of and for several participants at the same time.
- Refusal to provide the data indicated in para. 4 and 5 above makes reservation impossible.
- The person making the reservation is responsible for the accuracy of data provided for the purpose of booking. The Company shall not be responsible for the incorrect selection of normobaric session date or incorrectly provided/entered data.
- Reservation of a normobaric session takes place after the Thermal Baths Staff checks the availability of the given date and is made by providing the relevant feedback via e-mail or by phone to the contact details provided during the booking process. In addition, the Thermal Baths Staff may contact you the day before the booked normobaric session date to remind you about the reservation and for the purpose of a final confirmation.
- Reservation is free.
- It is possible to cancel a previously unpaid reservation. Such a reservation should be cancelled as soon as possible, and no later than 2 hours before the planned normobaric session, in order to enable other people to use the services.
- In order to complete and sign the relevant forms and submit the required declarations, the person planning to use the chamber should appear on site, i.e., at the normobaric chamber reception desk, at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the normobaric session (moreover, it is necessary to take into account time necessary for possible change of clothes, change of shoes, etc.). In the event of delay preventing fulfillment of the above obligations in a timely manner, i.e., without affecting the start of the session at the scheduled time, the Thermal Baths Staff reserves the right to cancel the reservation and deny participation in the normobaric session.
- If the date of the normobaric session is not booked in advance, participation will be possible only if there are available places. This rule applies both to people who want to use the chamber on the basis of a one-off ticket, as well as to holders of passes or vouchers.
Personal Data Administrator
The administrator of personal data of users of normobaric chambers is Chochołowskie Termy Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its seat in Chochołów (34-513) Chochołów 400, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000261672, REGON: 120300433, NIP: 7361640322.
Video surveillance system
- The zone in which normobaric chambers are located is subject to visual monitoring.
- Image recording cameras are located at: the reception desk (view of the service workstation), in the waiting room, in the cloakroom and in each chamber: in the lock, in the comfort zone, and in the VIP zone.
- The sole purpose of using video monitoring is to ensure the safety of people in the monitored area (including the safety of employees), order, and protection of property, as well as possible determination, investigation, and defense of mutual claims.
- The information recorded will not be used for purposes other than those listed above.
- It is stressed that the monitoring will interfere with the privacy of customers as little as possible.
All other detailed information required by law regarding rules for the processing of personal data of users of normobaric chambers are included in the relevant information clause constituting an Annex to these Terms, also available on the official website of the Thermal Baths at: https://www.chocholowskietermy.pl, tab: https://www.chocholowskietermy.pl/klauzula-informacyjna-normobaria/, placed in a visible location at the normobaric chamber reception, as well as for interested persons additionally distributed for individual review by the chamber staff before the normobaric session.
- In all matters not covered by these Terms, generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, including in particular the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964, the Civil Code and other relevant legal acts, as well as internal regulations in force at the Thermal Baths, including, in particular, the main Terms and Regulations of the Chochołowskie Termy Limited Liability Company based in Chochołów, specifying the organization and rules for use of the services provided by the Thermal Baths.
- The Company reserves the right to amend the provisions of these Terms.
- Amendments to these Terms shall apply on the date when information about a change thereof are provided. The binding version of the Terms and Regulations for normobaric users shall be the version in force at the time the normobaric user submits a statement that he has read the Terms.
- Appendices constitute an integral part of the Terms.
- The Terms shall enter into force on October 27, 2021.